Friday, November 27, 2009

Veterans of Southwestern Ontario



This blog will look at the veterans of the wars in which Canada has been involved in since 1867 - the Fenian Raids, the Boer War, the First and Second World Wars, and the Korean War. The  post 1952 to the present I will largely leave to others. I am as interested in the histories of these men and women, the units that they served in, in the context of Canadian history as I am in their family trees.

I am more of a historian than a genealogist although I am interested in genealogy as well. I will try to mix the two disciples were I can. Of course, I will not leave my own family out. Looking into my own family tree sparked the interest that I have in veterans as so many in my family have served.

Southwestern Ontario for the purposes of this blog includes the counties of Essex. Kent, Lambton, Middlesex, Oxford, Huron, Bruce, Brant, Grey, and Perth Counties.

No comments:

Post a Comment